If you would like an opportunity to help shape the direction of LOTRO, see ideas from the Devs before they are even plans, make direct suggestions, help design items and cosmetics. Council members will meet occasionally via Skype, and have a private section of the LOTRO Forums for their discussions. Some members may be flown to Boston to meet face-to-face with Turbine staff.
I have been serving as a member of the Council, and can vouch for it being a fascinating and rewarding experience.
Here is the announcement: http://bit.ly/NDGzuy
Here is the description of the Council: http://bit.ly/NDHxHb
HOW TO APPLY:
LOTRO Player Council Application
If you would like to apply or nominate someone to participate in the LOTRO Player Council, please submit an email to LOTROCOUNCIL@TURBINE.COM with the following information:
- Real Name
- Email address
- Country (if in the United States or Canada please include your City/State/Province)
- Are you over the age of 18?
- Primary Character Name
- Primary Class
- Primary Kinship or Tribe
- Forum Name (Name displayed when using the official forums)
- Do you use any of the following? If so, which?
- Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Google+
- Are you willing to create a Skype account for the purpose of official council discussions?
- What is your primary play style/focus?
- What aspects of the game are you most interested in discussing?